Each year the WFBR distributes a portion of the proceeds from membership and special events to non-profit, community-based organizations, that develop and implement projects benefiting women and girls living in Ashe, Avery, and Watauga counties.
Below are some key dates for the current 2023 grant cycle.
The 2023 grant cycle is November 15, 2022 - October 14, 2023.
Mid-year reports are due by 5:00 p.m. Friday, May 5, 2023
Final reports are due by 5:00 p.m. Friday, October 6, 2023
Final reports from 2023 grantees are required to be considered for 2024 grant funding.
Mid-year and final report templates will be emailed 14 days prior to the due date.
The 2024 grant application availability window is Monday, September 18, 2023, through Friday, October 13, 2023. Applications must be submitted by 5:00 pm. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
- One copy of the application form must be submitted in the required format via email to [email protected]. One additional copy of the application, including all required attachments, should be mailed or hand-delivered to the WFBR by the deadline.
- The Committee will review applications from October 19, 2023, through November 8, 2023. The WFBR may have to offer funding in a different amount than requested.
- Applicants will be notified in late November 2023. The decisions of the Committee are final.
- Grant funding will be awarded before the end of the year. There will be an awards reception (date TBA).
- Grants will also be published in an email newsletter, on the WFBR website, and communicated by email to the membership.