2023 Women's Fund of the Blue Ridge (WFBR) Grants
Who is Eligible?:
Any 501(c)3 organization or government entity which provides program or services that benefit women and girls who live in Ashe, Avery or Watauga Counties.
Special Consideration is given to proposals which demonstrate collaboration with other non-profits and long-term sustainability.
The Women's Fund of the Blue Ridge will not consider requests from any organization or government entity that discriminates on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation or gender in any of its activities or operations.
The Women’s Fund of the Blue Ridge (WFBR) makes grants in accordance with the articles of incorporation and bylaws of the Fund, that do not jeopardize the Foundation’s status as a tax exempt organization under Internal Revenue Code 501(c)(3).
Therefore, the WFBR does not make grants to:
- Political organizations, partisan organization or those supporting specific candidates or legislation.
- Religious organizations (churches, synagogues, mosques and other houses of worship), or other organizations primarily promoting religious purposes.
Other faith-based, community service organizations may be considered eligible if their programs:
- Are open to all individuals in the community regardless of religious belief;
- Serve a secular purpose, such as a food pantry, homeless shelter, or an education program;
- Do not require participation in prayer, worship, or other religious activities as a condition of receiving service(s) offered; and
- Do not use the individual donation or resulting match for religious purposes.
Background and Purpose:
Each year the WFBR distributes proceeds from our special events and operating funds to non- profit, community-based organizations, that develop and implement projects benefiting women and girls living in Ashe, Avery and Watauga Counties. Typically, grant awards range from $1,500 - $15,000.
Multi-year grants are not available. Grant funds are intended to be used in the year awarded and cannot be applied to more than 25% of the operating expenses for the program being funded.
From year to year, we do not know how much we will have for grants and there are times when we are not able to fund all applications. There is also no guarantee that receipt of funding one year, will result in future funding.